First, we need to collect canola seeds. They can be obtained the same way as normal seeds. Simply destroy grass. You can cultivate and harvest canola the same way as wheat. Now we need an oil mill to produce canola oil out of the crops. To operate the mill we need energy from a dynamo with a crank. Later you can use a generator, which is far more efficient but requires fuel and an engine to operate.
To operate the dynamo, place the crank on top of the dynamo block and right-click it to produce electricity.
You need to connect the dynamo and the mill with a cable. Now we can produce canola oil. The mill will collect the oil. You will get canola cake as a byproduct, which can be used to breed all animals that can be bred with wheat.
Second, we require methanol. You need to craft a blast furnace and put wood logs into it. The furnace also needs energy.
Now we need to mix both fluids in the backmix reactor. You can connect the oil mill and the blast furnace with fluid pipes to the backmix reactor. Do not forget to put fluid extractors at the mill and the furnace to get the fluids flowing! The backmix reactor also needs to be connected to the dynamo to work.
Next, we need a split tank. Now simply connect the backmix reactor and the split tank with fluid pipes and a fluid extractor. The split tank doesn't need electricity to work. Only time!
By the way, you can always store your fluids in tanks after every step. Do not forget the fluid extractors and make sure you are not mixing up your fluids as it can mess up your process. To prevent mixing of different fluids, you can use filters in fluid extractors.
For filters, you have to gather one bucket of the specific fluid. This may take a while. To apply a filter, you can place a bucket (filled with the specific fluid you want to filter) in the slot of the fluid extractor (Right-click the fluid extractor to see the slot).
The split tank will output two different fluids. One is biodiesel, which we can collect in a tank or directly output to a fuel station. The other is glycerin, which for now, is useless but has to be collected in a tank to make the split tank process go on.
With enough fuel produced, you can craft a generator powered with biodiesel. The generator is far more efficient than the dynamo. You can supply the generator directly with biodiesel from a fluid pipe or with a canister.
- Do not forget to put fluid extractors at blocks you want to pump from to get the fluids flowing.
- One tank stores 16 buckets of fluid.
- 16 buckets = 16000mb (millibuckets).
- To get fuel out of a tank with a bucket, the tank must have at least ONE bucket (1000mb) of content.
- If you can not see any fluids (in tanks), be reminded that for example, 100mb = 1/10 Minecraft buckets! This is not much and can barely be seen.
- Oil mills, blast furnaces and backmix reactors do have an energy storage.
- All machines do have an integrated fluid buffer storage.
- It is recommended to use fluid filters in fuel extractors to prevent fluid blocking.
- You can connect as many tanks as you wish by placing them side by side.
- If you break a tank with fluid, the tank will store the fluid.